FHLBank Topeka has four levels of Software Developers. This position may be filled as a level II or III depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The individual in this position works with development staff to develop, maintain, and support the Bank's software application systems and related tools; provide guidance, instructions, and support to all levels of Bank staff. The position will assist in the identification of process improvements and recommendations and will assist in the training of junior level developers.
- Four to six years of similar or related professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or its equivalent. Advanced degree or professional certification is preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of some combination of database design, programming concepts, and web development is required.
- Ability to think orderly, logically and analytically and strong problem solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and creativity when researching new products and techniques.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
- Must be goal-oriented and have strong sense of team solidarity.
- Basic understanding of technologies utilized by the Bank.
- Experience with Agile development is a plus.
Additional qualifications required for the level III:
- Advanced level of competency with at least seven years of similar or related experience.
- Minimum of two years of advanced software development experience.
- Advanced understanding of some combination of database design, programming concepts, and web development is requirement.